Description and Usage
The Shortcut Action is used to define a shortcut or a so called "shortstring" for an element or an action.
A shortcut is a key combination (e.g. Ctrl+S) where all keys are pressed together to trigger the action. If a shortcut has no modifier modifier key defined (Clt, Alt or Meta) the action will not be triggered if the keyboard focus is wihtin an editable field.
A shortstring is in general a multi-character string which characters have to pressed to trigger an action. E.g. for a "Log out" link you can define the shortstring "lo". Shortstrings are not active if the keyboard focus is within an editable field.
The following parameters can be configured:
- Key Combination
- To define a shortcut press the desired key combination. The following keys could not be entered directly but must be selected from the dropdown marker next to the input field: Enter/Return, Tab, Shift+Tab, Escape, Backspace. To delete the content of the field press backspace.
- Enter one or more characters which must be pressed to trigger the action.
- Link Target (only for links)
- Links could be opened in the same tab, in a new tab or window.
- Select content of textfield (only for textfields)
- If checked the content of the textfield will be focused and selected otherwise the textfield will only be focused.